You may be surprised to know that the microwave oven was first introduced during the 1940’s and were considered the technological wonder of its day. Needless to say, most homes today have microwave ovens in their kitchens. Obviously, they play an essential role in our daily routines. When you talk about convenience, these amazing appliances have that covered. Hot foods are quickly and readily accessible day or night. However, no appliance lasts forever and the microwave oven are certainly not immune to problems. Hence the need for microwave repair services in Ajax and the surrounding area.
Basic Operation and Types
Microwave ovens cook food by producing electromagnetic, non-ionizing radiation by exciting molecules and creating heat. The benefit is that they are extremely efficient when it comes to saving electricity. There are four (4) types known as the A, B, C and D styles of microwave ovens, that the repair service technicians are experienced at repairing:
- Above-the-range – combines microwave ovens with the hood over your stove; they are very functional and save counter space.
- Built-in – features drop down doors, similar to your oven, and seamlessly blends in with your kitchen cabinetry.
- Countertop – available in different sizes and wattages; the downside is that they take up valuable counter space and have no ventilation system.
- Drawer style – can be installed beneath the countertop or mounted in the wall; they are easy to access thanks to their mounted height.
Regardless of the type that you have in your Thornhill or Guelph home, you can be assured that our microwave repair technicians can handle any job large or small.
What to Look For
There are five (5) common problems that tend to affect microwave ovens; which we’ve listed below. If you are experiencing or have experienced any of these problems, it’s time to contact repair service for assistance:
- appliance isn’t working
- microwave isn’t heating up your food
- sparking inside the microwave
- touch pad is working intermittently
- turntable doesn’t revolve
Furthermore, there are a number of genuine replacement parts that our repair experts stock for these types of repairs. We commonly stock and replace capacitors, diodes, drive bushings, fan motors, fuses, lights, magnetrons, stirrer belts, switches, and tray motors. These replacement parts are all covered by the individual manufacturer’s warranty. If any of these parts should ever be defective or fail, we will come out to you and replace them FREE of charge. And that is our promise because we pride our workmanship and the quality of spare parts that are used.
Whether you live in Thornhill, Ajax or Guelph we provide a superior level of appliance repair services. You can always depend on us.